Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ai Watercolor & Easel Dies

I have something fun to share today from Art Impressions - along with 3 new Watercolor Mini Project Series sets, Ai has come out with two fabulous Easel Dies!!  You're going to love these:
I am using the Square Easel Die (Sku #4699) along with Flower Cart (Sku #4703):
 I started by cutting out two of the Easel die cuts using my Cocoa cardstock and glued them together (you can see a video of how to assemble them, here!)  Scroll down and you'll see a photo of the back of my Easel card.  I added a piece of patterned paper to my base, then I coloured directly onto the cart stamp using my Tombow markers, and stamped it onto smooth watercolour paper.  Using a damp paintbrush, I went over all of the outlined edges to soften them, and pulled out the colour to paint the cart.  Then I used the flower stamp to add some dark purple flowers.  I used several other foliage, grass and floral Ai stamps to create the rest of my flower cart, and went over them with my damp paintbrush as well.  I used some Distress ink to paint in the suggestion of a sky:
 I used a stitched circle die to cut out my image, and popped it up on pop dots, added a few irridescent sequins, and the Just For You (Sku #3143) sentiment.  Here's the back view of the Easel - I didn't glue the two flaps together because I found that it would lay beautifully flat for mailing if I left them open.  You just pull down the two little tabs and your card stands up perfectly:
 Our "Use Water-based Inks" challenge is still on for one more week - head on over to the Ai blog to see what the other Designers are sharing, and you can link up your creation there.  Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Karen this is beautiful! I love the soft colours and your choice of paper to match!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a lovely image and the coloring is so pretty! Love the easel too!

Sharon Caudle said...

You never cease to amaze me!! Is there nothing that you can't do?! :) Absolutely gorgeous!!

Allie said...

Great card! Love the watercolour image :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails