Friday, November 1, 2013

It's November!! - A Personal Challenge

We're still eating Halloween goodies around here, after a particularly nasty night left many of the Trick-or-Treaters at home... and that means that we now find ourselves into November.  Knee deep in holiday crafting, shopping and soon to be decorating.  I don't have as many Christmas cards in my stash as I would like at this stage in the game, so I've given myself a personal challenge to try to post a card, tag or Christmas project every day for the month of November.  That'll keep me in my craft room on a regular basis, where I will hopefully be productive!  So I'm starting off the month with my absolute FAVOURITE stamp set in the Close To My Heart fall/winter catalogue.  You'll see it a few times over the next little while, as I have several cards planned, and a few more images already coloured & ready to go.  Here goes:
Christmas village has a bunch of different vintage looking stores & buildings... and I am a huge fan of colouring with markers - so I'm looking forward to colouring this set up to match all kinds of different paper packs.  I kept the rest of the card fairly CAS, adding a grosgrain ribbon that I stitched a button onto.  Here's a close up of the village:

Stamp sets are Christmas Village and Merry & Bright;  Cardstock is Kraft, Cranberry & White Daisy; Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon & wooden button - all Close To My Heart;  Ink is Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers.

6 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Your coloring is wonderful! Those houses kind of glow! I can't wait to be wowed all month!

Maureen said...

Love your choice of colors. The shading and shadowing is great. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy Ball said...

GORGEOUS card and your colouring is FANTASTIC!

Allie said...

Cool idea - good luck! As usual, love your colouring :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the idea of a personal challenge. I am looking forward in seeing your creative inspirations in the month of November. I better go check my Christmas stash.
Blessings - Rhonda

Unknown said...

beautiful coloring!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails