Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cathy Caffeine

It's my day on the Art Impressions blog today, so I am featuring a fun Ai People stamp set that was released back in August:  Cathy Caffeine Sku#4327.  I have a real 'thing' for coffee themed cards, so using Cathy was a given for me, as soon as I saw her!  I've made two cards to share with you today, both using the same stamp and the same sketch/layout - but two totally different looks:

When I am stamping images that are to be coloured... I stamp a bunch!  Usually on both cream and white cardstock.  In this case, I picked out my background papers, and then sat down to colour them both at the same time.  And when I find a card design that works for a particular stamp set... I'll usually repeat it.  So even though the end results are quite different - you can see the similarities.  Here are some close ups of both Cathys:


Given my passion for coffee themed cards, I'm sure this won't be the last time you'll see me using this cute set!  Oh, and the inside sentiment reads: " Coffee...the most important meal of the day!"
Happy stamping everyone!

 
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen - she looks great! I love her too, she is on my wish list. Did you take copic coloring classes or are you self taught?
Blessings - Rhonda

Karen Day said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Rhonda! I am 95% self taught, and have been playing with Copics for about 2yrs. I did take 2 classes with Suzanne Dean last fall that upped my game a bit! Working with Ai stamps so much now, keeps my colouring skills active - you can really get rusty if you leave it for a while!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails