Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #87

I'm a bright & bold cardmaker for the most part... but I really love the muted neutrals of these October Afternoon papers.  I knew that I had the perfect stamp set to go with them, too!  Here is what I made for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge:

Patterned papers are Farmhouse, October Afternoon; Cardstock is Vanilla Cream, CTMH; Spellbinders Die; Stamp sets are Holiday Labels, Waltzingmouse Stamps & Chairs To You, CTMH; Inks are Grey Wool, CTMH & Tuxedo Black, Memento; Copic Markers; Organdy ribbon, CTMH

10 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, what wonderful patterned paper!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO cute Karen! love the muted tones and that fun splash of red on the chair - that WMS label stamp really makes a shout! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Sheri said...

Love the monochromatic look. But of course, I love all your work. Hugs!

Kelly S. said...

Tres CHIC! Karen this card is super-dee-duper cool and trendy! I love how you paired that image with the patterned paper and made it POP in red! The sentiment in the label is a perfect fit. SO awesome, love your take on this week's sketch!!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful card, Karen! I love that pop of red and the label is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at WMSC this week!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love that pop of red...
and such a fabby take on the challenge...
especially with "difficult" paper...at least to me! :)
Love it but just this week finally come up with an idea to actually be able to use it too!
Thanks for playing along with us at WMSC! :)

Jean Martin said...

WoW! I love your card! I love the neutral tones and then that pop of red! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Savitri said...

What a sweeeeeeeeeeet card!! I love everything about this!

Lenet said...

beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at wmsc

Claire said...

How perfect is that paper for the stamp! Gorgeous card

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails