Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy 200th Birthday!

A couple of years ago, my sister-in-law & brother-in-law held their 100th birthday party (their ages totalled 100), which I thought was hilarious.  So last spring, it somehow occurred to me that my sisters & I would be celebrating our 200th birthday this year!  We tried hard to organize a trip to Vegas, but it was too hard to coordinate... however, I didn't want the occasion to pass without being acknowledged :o)  So I've knit them each a scarf, and made a fun 200th bday card to put in the parcel.  I'm using this week's Color Throwdown Challenge colours, and The Sketchbook Saturday sketch:
Patterned papers are Life of the Party, Basic Grey; Cardstock is White Daisy, CTMH; Buttons CTMH; Ink is Outdoor Denim, CTMH; Pinwheel die & Sentiment, L'il Inker Designs.

3 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Karen, your pinwheel cards are just adorable! I'm so glad to see your enjoying the goodies you won! Thanks so much for your wonderful message today!! Happy crafting!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun card using the pinwheel as the focal point! So glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Haha! What a FUN idea indeed!! It never occurred to me that you can combine the numbers :) Super awesome cards!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails