Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting cozy for Christmas

I really love this cozy little Chrismtas card!  I've done this before, but I've never knit with Baker's Twine?!  I had a little burst of inspiration when all of my Twinery goodies were spread out on my craft table, and decided to use it to knit up a tiny little sweater to put on a Christmas card.  I took some decorative toothpicks and glued little pink beads to the ends to make them look like knitting needles.  And no - I didn't knit on the toothpicks!  Just transferred the stitches when I was done.
A card like this can't go to just anyone!  You want someone who will really appreciate it to have it, so I didn't even hesitate to give it to my friend Bonnie, lover of all things crafty.  If I'm not mistaken, it's sitting on her mantel as we speak :o)  Here's a closeup of my little sweater:
Patterned papers are Holly Jolly by Echo Park; Cardstock is Topiary, Cocoa & White Daisy, CTMH; Stamp set is Festive Frills, CTMH; Ink is Cotton Candy, CTMH.  Baker's Twine is Pea Pod from The Twinery.

7 comments:

Jeanie B said...

So STINKIN' cute! And I don't even knit! You are right - you can only give something this grand to a special someone who will appreciate it.

Lorrinda said...

Hi Karen! This is absolutely adorable! I wish I could knit just so I could case this card. I'm so far behind on my Christmas cards this year that I won't be taking up knitting any time soon :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Karen, this is fabulous! LOVE it! Looks great in the twine and I love the little beads/baubles at the end of the knitting needles!

Allisa said...

I love this! Sooo cute! Now I want to learn how to knit! I have seen some way cute flowers out there as well.

Nancy Ball said...

Good Grief.....now you've done it....this is just the cutest darned card EVER! I really was picturing you knitting on those cute, teeny tiny needles...ha! I will not be copying this amazing creation in any way shape or form...I have retired my knitting needles!

Karen said...

I love this and know how to knit and crochet--where did you find te little sweater pattern. Also, when you transferred stitches to tooth picks--how did you keep them from falling off? Really cute :)

Sheri said...

A-FREAKIN-DORABLE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails