Monday, June 27, 2011

Colour Challenge on Heart2Heart

This is a bittersweet post for me!  It's my final challenge on the Heart2Heart Design team... my how 6 months fly by.  It's been a wonderful experience - meeting such a great and talented group of gals, getting to know many more consultants through their blogs, and it has kept me challenged to do my best work.  I won't be disappearing, though - I intend to be a player in the weekly challenges as often as possible.  This week we have a colour challenge:
I decided to use this colour palette to make a set of Thank-you cards for one of my daughter's teachers as an end of the year gift, so I put together 6 different 4"x4" cards and made a matching holder:
I went with predominantly bamboo & barn red with colonial white, and just added touches of dutch blue - mainly through accessories.  Here are some close-ups of the cards:



We have our June guest designer, Jena Devries joining us this week, so check out the blog to see what Jena and the rest of the design team have created to inspire you.  We would love to have you play along with the challenge, just be sure to use some Close To My Heart products in your creation, and link it up to the Heart2Heart blog.  You could win one of the 2 monthly prize packs, or be chosen as one of our monthly Top Ten!  Thanks to everyone for all of your lovely comments and support over the past six months, and an even bigger thank-you to Mary Vogel, who does such a wonderful job with the H2H blog :o)

Supplies used: Cardstock is Barn Red, Bamboo & Colonial White; Inks are Bamboo, Barn Red & Dutch Blue; Stamp sets are Simple Memories, Universal Backgrounds, You're Invited, Card Chatter - thanks, and Gracious Greetings; Indian Corn Blue Waxy Flax; Brads, Spiral Clip, Buttons & Gems are Summer Celebration Mini Medley; - all CTMH!

11 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Karen, this is a fantastic set!!!! I bet she loved it!! It has been a real pleasure to be on the DT with you :). I will still be stalking your blog :)

Lorrinda said...

What a great little card set! I always give teachers a little gift at the end of the year too, they just do so much and really deserve a big Thank you:) I'm sure this card set was appreciated!
I have really enjoyed my time on the DT with you, and will be keeping up with you on your blog:) Maybe someday we'll get to visit face to face at convention:)

Patty said...

Love seeing this little bag again. I used to make these all the time for hostess gifts w/about 4 cards inside when I was doing gatherings. I miss doing gatherings!

Mary said...

Thank YOU for being a great team member! I will be looking for you playing along with our future challenges. Thanks again for everything!

Melanie said...

Wow!! You take ONE challenge and make SEVEN projects. Impressive. They all look great, what a great gift!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Thanks for all the positive feedback you've given me all winter and spring. Your kind words meant so much.
You did a lot for us all!

FLEUR de Lo said...

It's too bad you're leaving right as I decided to start playing along. :) I love this card set! Do you have a template for it? It's fantastic! Any teacher would LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

This is beautiful! I have learned so much from you and have so enjoyed your artwork! I am very glad I found you!!

Jessica said...

Great set Karen, I have loved being on the design team with you. I will be keeping up with your work though!

Haley D. said...

What a sweet card set! I'm sure the teacher will love it. You will definitely be missed on the H2H DT. I hope you'll come back and play along for fun!

Melinda Everitt said...

Love the soft colors in this card set. I will miss the inspiration and encouragement that you gave me as a DT member as well seeing your creations each week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails