Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Art Impressions Stackers

Hello everyone!  I have a card and step by step instructions to show you how to make a slider card using the new Slider Die and Stackers stamps from Art Impressions.  Here is what the card looks like when the recipient receives it:
 Then you pull down the tab.....
 And hiding underneath is the Dog Stackers stamped image:
I had a great time colouring this with my Copics - I had to figure out each breed as I went along (it's pretty obvious here, but when it's just in black and white, it's not so easy!)  I actually Googled "Pomeranian" so that I'd know how to colour him up!  Here's how I put my card together:
 The slider measures 2" x 5" assembled, and I chose to cut mine out of patterned paper.  I cut my rectangle with the Dog Stackers image to be a little smaller, so that it would fit underneath (it's 1 3/4" x 4 5/8").
 I assembled my card base, and folded the edges of the die cut, ready to glue it down.
 I made my pull tab out of the same cardstock as my base, it measures 1 3/4" x 5 1/4".  I used a circle die to round off the end, stapled on a bit of ribbon to make it easy to pull, and added a couple of Spellbinder's arrow die cuts to indicate that the recipient should pull it down.
 I glued down the top edge of my diecut, then made sure the puppies were centered underneath, and glued them both down.  I positioned the blue circle under the image, as I knew how I wanted the sentiment to sit on the finished card.
And there you have a seriously cute card for the dog lovers in your life.  *There are five different Stacker stamps (Elephants, ducks, cats, dogs & turtles) each come with a sentiment, and the die is sold separately.  You could easily use the stamps on their own without the die, but the die could have SO many other uses.  How about using it sideways with a message on the pull tab, and another message hidden underneath?  (Like a joke & a punch line?)  Or you could use any stamp that fits as the hidden image.  I've also seen the pull tab done with a small circle cut out at the top - so that just the Chiuaua would be peeking out.  Grab the die while you can, and I'd love to see what you come up with! (*Note that the die & stamps are still on preorder at the time the post went live - I will update the link when they're in the store!)
Products found in the One Crazy Stamper Store:  Dog Stackers from Art Impressions
Slider Die from Art Impressions

2 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Awesome tutorial Karen! I will definitely be using it when I do my sliders! Your colouring of each dog is amazing! They look so real! Great card my dear friend!

Lesley said...

This is AMAZING!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails