Monday, April 1, 2024

Beautiful Blooms

There's something about making a set of cards that just makes my brain happy!  I recently acquired the Beautiful Blooms stamp/stencil/die set from Pinkfresh Studio, which creates six pretty floral images.  After doing a test run using them in some soft ink colours, I started creating a card with each one. 

Using the colours that I stencilled the flowers with (all Pinkfresh Studio inks), I pulled out soft cardstock colours to match, and set about creating my backgrounds.  The blue card base was made by diecutting PF's Braided Circle dies repeatedly, then created a frame using the Stitched Scalop Rectangle die, backed with a white piece cut with Slim Stitches.  The pink card base was cut with an Altenew Coverplate die, then Spellbinders Hemstitched Oval die matted in a pale green.

For the Thank You card, I started with a warm yellow card base, which I softly ink blended the bottom using PF's peach-toned inks, then added a blue Stitched Scallop Rectangle frame layered twice for some dimension.  The Just a Note card started with a pale green base, then a layer of peach cardstock and finally a white piece cut with the PF Slim Stitches die.

The Congrats card may be my favourite in the set!  I used Spellbinders Essential Arches dies for the green and blue panels, which are popped up with 3D foam adhesive over a white base cut with the PF Diagonal Stitched Plaid coverplate.  The floral is also on 3D adhesive, tucked inside the window.  The two negative arches were used for the second card, adhered with 3D adhesive over a peach cardstock panel cut with an Altenew coverplate die.

All of the cards were splattered with gold paint, and had gold pearls added for decoration.  The sentiments are all PF's Perfect Sentiments that were gold embossed, and all attached with 3D adhesive.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails