Friday, October 27, 2023

Wishing you... Pumpkin Spice

I pulled out this new-to-me stamp set from The Greetery, to create a birthday card for my daughter.  She's a pumpkin spice kinda girl, so I knew this would be the perfect time to break open this set.  

A lot of Greetery sets lend themselves to creating multiples, so I die cut out quite a few of the mugs and ephemera pieces, then put the negative die cuts into my Misti.  This allows you to set up all of the layering stamps inside the negative space, then you simply move your die cut mug from one space to the next, inking up each of the layers.  You just position the stamps one time, and then you're set to create a bunch of images in quick succession.

I've done a few of the cider/pumpkin spice colourway, and you'll see a bunch of mocha/coffee style ones in the coming weeks.  I've used Distress Oxide Inks, which blend beautifully.  All of the little pieces, including the straw, berries and little orange slice are included, so again - I made up quite a few of those.  I love this style of crafting, because I either get a bunch of cards made up, or I have a bunch of pieces ready to go for another time.  Win!

I stitched my base layers on my sewing machine, after inking the edges lightly, then glued together all of the stamped pieces.  The orange slice and berries were adhered with 3D foam adhesive.  The sentiment is also from the set, which is called "Warm & Wonderful".  Happy Birthday, B!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails