Wednesday, October 25, 2023

A Taylor Swift themed Birthday card

 I was asked if I could make a custom birthday card with a Taylor Swift theme!!  The request came via my daughter, who was a huge help in design ideas, as we searched Google images to come up with a concept.  The birthday's girl's favourite album is "Folklore", so if you scroll to the bottom of my post, you'll see the actual album cover, and as we searched through images, we kept seeing guitars made with all of her album designs.  So we combined the two ideas, and here's what we came up with:

I started with some bright white Ranger Watercolour paper, and gave the background a pale grey wash.  I painted in the faint background trees, and stamped a few shrubs/evergreens in very pale grey.  I used several of the Art Impressions large tree stamp sets, which gave me some of the main trees, and used foliage stamps to add the leaf canopy.
To create 'Taylor' standing between the two main trees, I used one of the tiny Simple Scenes people, and gave her a trench coat.  I sketched out the guitar shape according to the photo, and cut it out of my scene.  All of the edges were lightly inked with grey to stand out just a bit.
I scored a rectangle of brown cardstock to add the frets, and pierced one edge with 6 holes.  After using a small circle die to cut out the opening, I glued down the neck, as well as a sparkly black shape to ground the strings - also pierced.  I used a single filament of gold metallic thread and stitched all of the strings, adhering them in the back.  The guitar was raised up with a thin 3D adhesive, for a little dimension, with a square of metallic gold glued under the circle opening.  This was a fun one!  Here was my inspiration:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails