Saturday, October 14, 2023

Engagement card

 I made this background panel a couple of months ago, and was saving it for a special occassion, so when my daughter asked for an engagement card, I pulled it out.

I started by creating an ink blending panel using Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks, then die cut it with the Floral Lace die from Pinkfresh Studio.  You can see how gorgeous this die is in the next photo!

I wasn't actually intending to use the negative pieces from the die, but when I pulled my panel out, about 90% of the pieces stayed intact.  So I added dots of glue to all of them, and pressed them onto a piece of white cardstock.  Figuring out the placement of the remaining bits was tedious, but kind of like putting a puzzle together.  I was really happy with the result... but will probably never do it again!!

I also have that lovely, lacy backround piece to use on another card.  I pulled out some Spellbinders bits that I cut in a matte gold cardstock, and added Congrats from Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments.  A few jewels adds a little more sparkle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails