Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sugar Pea Designs Mix It Up Challenge #47

I am a little obsessed with this plaid paper from Doodlebug Design's "On the Farm" pack... so you're about to see it a few times over the next while.  I wanted to play along with the September Mix It Up challenge on the Sugar Pea Designs blog, and was inspired by the cozy plaid blanket, the colours & the mugs in the current Inspired By photo.  I knew my new favourite plaid was going to work.  I am using the Mugs & Kisses stamp set for the first time, so I'm hoping that this works as a holiday/wintery card?  If not, it's bright & fun, which I love:
 I stamped the image in Rich Cocoa ink, and coloured it with Copic markers, then layered it over a tag that I had lightly blended some Wild Honey Distress Ink on to give it a warm glow.  I popped the sentiment up over the tag with some 3D adhesive.  *I am also entering this into the Sugar Pea Designs Stamptember contest on the Simon Says Stamp blog!
Here is the sketch I was working with:
And my plaid/colour/mug inspiration:

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Adorable card! I love that stamp set! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

Gina Gibson said...

That's absolutely adorable! 😊❤❤❤

Allie said...

Such a cozy card! I like the cedar sprigs in the background too :)

Tatiana said...

What a great take on the challenge!!! And your coloring is just amazing!!!

Lesley said...

This is so cute! The cup is coloured perfectly!!!

Kerin said...

Love the colorful background with this sweet image!Thanks for joining us this month at SugarPea Designs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails