Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dynamic Duos #40

It's Black Tie week at Dynamic Duos!  We are featuring Tempting Turquiose & Basic Black, with a dessert option of clouds....  I bought several sweet Sugar Kissed Cottage images from L'il Inker Designs back in November, and knew that this was the perfect opportunity to use this cute little fella with an umbrella.  I coloured him in with Copics, die cut the clouds and popped up the white panel to give it a bit of dimension.  I went back and added in raindrops with a pale blue Copic marker, and then went over top of them with Liquid Glass to make them shiny.  I added Liquid Glass to his Wellies to make them shiny, too.
Deanna & I were thinking of Get Well cards this week, but there is other wonderful inspiration by the rest of the design team over on the Dynamic Duos blog, or you can find them linked on my sidebar.  We would love to have you join us - if you don't have the exact colours, just use something similar.

Cardstock is Ocean, Black & White Daisy, CTMH; Ink is Tuxedo Black, Memento; Copic Markers; Cloud die, Taylored Expressions; Stamp set is Sugar Kissed Cottage, L'il Inker Designs;  Liquid Glass, CTMH.
 

7 comments:

Karen M said...

This is so sweet Karen, I love the little umbrella and your gorgeous colouring. Kx

Jenny Engelke said...

Your coloring is impecable, Karen! I love the cut-out clouds and the shiny shoes! Super sweet!♥

Anonymous said...

I love your card, Karen. ;-) The image is adorable, and I love how you added the little raindrops and gave dimension to the clouds by raising the panel. Cute, cute, cute. ;-)

Marybeth said...

Oh wow I love this card! I have this stamp and have not used it yet. You have inspired me to get it out! Beautiful coloring too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen I LOVE this card, the inverted die cut clouds are amazing.

Vicki Burdick said...

This is amazing, so adorable!!! I love how you did your clouds!!

Amy White said...

Oh that image is adorable - and so perfectly coloured!! Fab use of the colours this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails