Saturday, February 2, 2013

Dynamic Duos #38

It's a monochromatic week at Dynamic Duos, so we are featuring the seasonal colours of Pink Pirouette & Real Red.  I really struggled with this colour combo.  I mean I REALLY struggled with this combo!??  I had two or three false starts, then completed a card, scrapped it, tried again, scrapped it, and then went in a completely different direction and voila:
This afternoon, I had some happy mail arrive.  Last week I won some blog candy from the lovely & talented Teresa Kline who sent me the Verve valentine set called Wings of Love with the matching heart dies!  Yay me!  This little package in the mail rescued me amidst my crafty struggles today - so I started stamping, and pulled out my Copics (don't look too closely, my colouring is rusty, and I was in a hurry to get it done!). 
     We would love to have you join us at Dynamic Duos - check out the blog to see what the Dynamos have in store for you this week!

Cardstock is Cranberry, CTMH & Xpress it; Ink is Tuxedo Black, Memento; Copic Markers; Twine is American Crafts.
 

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is a gorgeous CAS card! Love that Verve set!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning those gorgeous Verve stamps! I think your coloring looks fantastic. And I'm glad you were able to finally find something you were happy with, though I'm sure all your other cards were fantastic, too. ;-)

This one is a very, very cool card. Nice job!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv it...hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet Karen!

enjoy *~*

Jenny Engelke said...

Lol! Glad to hear you struggled with this color combo too! My story is very similar to yours with scraping and do-overs....in fact I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with me! This card turned out beautiful and The coloring on you winged heart is absolutely top notch!

Anne Marie Hile said...

You did NOT struggle with your coloring...because it ooks amazing! Love your clean design and the twine trim. Hooray for winning those stamps, too. Lucky duck! :)

Bobbie said...

I have two girls and I thought "what am I going to do with this?" I find pink hard to use. I adore this CAS card, that image is stinkin' cute!

Amy White said...

Such a sweet valentine card - your colouring is fabulous!!

Basement Stamper said...

I adore this card! Love that heart and the simple sentiments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails