Thursday, August 26, 2010

2 for 1: Playdate Cafe #44 & Mojo Monday #153

I combined 2 challenges this week... first I decided to use the Mojo Monday sketch:
And suddenly I decided to do the Play Date Cafe's "Colour Horribilus" Challenge this week, using the bizarre colour combo of hot pink/yellow/navy?!?:

And...since I just got a Cuttlebug this week, I had this little embossed stars template just waiting to be used.  So here is my not-so-typical challenge card for this week:

All supplies are CTMH: Stamp sets are Star Power and Star Struck; Cardstock is Outdoor Denim, Sunflower & Hollyhock; Ink is Outdoor Denim; Hollyhock Organdy ribbon.

9 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Great take on both challenges. Love the stars! Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC again.

Anonymous said...

I am a star; thank you for noticing! Actually, you're the star for making these colours seem like a very natural combination. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Unknown said...

Love your star-themed card, Karen! Enjoy your Cuttlebug.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of this weeks colors, they look great with the sketch! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Elise said...

FIRST OF ALL: from one star lover - to another ... YEE HAW! This is excellent! You made these unlikely colors EXTREMELY comfortable together - I *heart!* this card! Well done! Color me DELIGHTED that you shared this lil' gem with the PDCC this week!

Ruby said...

Great card for our challenge, I love how you've embossed the background too. I haven't seen that embossing folder, must get one! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Sarah Anderson said...

What a fab card - you'll be hooked with that cuttlebug - I just love mine!! These colours have really made this week's play date the biggest challenge yet I think and you made them 'shine' (sorry, couldn't resist that pun lol)! :)

Julie Ranae said...

Great job on this card and I agree with Sarah...you are going to love your 'bug'!
Great to have you back with us in the Cafe.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH WOW--this is a fabulous card! Great take on the sketch and color combo:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

ps...give me deets on any tricks you find out about your cuttlebug:) I need to learn how to use mine:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails