Thursday, January 21, 2021

Back to Basics

  I'm going back to basics this week with a classic container of flowers for Art Impressions Watercolour Weekend.  These are great cards to keep on hand - leave off the sentiment, and add it in when you need to send a thank you, birthday or thinking of you card:

I began by inking up the pitcher from 5123 - WC Decorative Jar Set in Tombow Dual Brush Marker #N45 Cool Grey 10, and pulled out the colour with my damp paintbrush, concentrating it on the undersides of the rounded image.  For my bouquet, I started with the greenery, using #158 Dark Olive and the two trailing foliage stamps in 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4.  My flowers are all from Flower Set - 4052, and I used the Daisy Bunch in #743 Hot Pink, the Salvia in #565 Deep Blue and the Mini Foxglove in #676 Royal Purple.  To fill in where there were holes or white areas, I used the tiny green from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set in #126 Light Olive, which added a little brightness.
After lightly touching my stamped images with a damp brush, I picked up a few of the colours to add shading to the pitcher - mainly #565 for shadows, and a touch of #676 for a bit of a pink reflection.  I die cut the image and layered it over an ink blended panel of the same tones.  The sentiment is from the Hydrangea Exclusive set available from Scrapbook.com.  Lastly, I picked up some black ink from my palette, and lightly spattered it across my card.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails