Friday, January 8, 2021

Welcoming baby Alex!

 I was lucky enough to get a new great-nephew at the end of November!  I like to do a little knitting for new babies, and found this pattern called "Elevenses Cardigan" on Ravelry.  I thought it was adorable - to knit a little-old-man style of cardigan complete with elbow patches for a newborn:

I learned a lot - how to do German short rows, and picking up stitches to add the front ribbing, which I haven't done a lot of.  I changed it up a little, too!  The pattern had pockets in the front, which I didn't like, so I added a seed stitch border instead.
Even though it looked tiny to me, I think it's going to be big on him for a bit.
And of course, Alex needed a little welcome-to-the-world card, so I pulled out my Copics, and coloured up an older Art Impressions image:
There's nothing like knitting for a new baby in the family!


4 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

wow! Amazing sweater make and card! Welcome baby Alex!

Unknown said...

The sweater is so cute - Alex will look very stylish when he wears it!

Allie said...

This is one of the most beautiful baby items I have ever received! I absolutely love it and can't wait for him to wear it :)

Beverly said...

Love this cute sweater! Cannot wait to see it on my new little grandson!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails