Thursday, October 18, 2018

Ai Watercolour Wooden Door - Fantasy version

This week I am teaching classes at The Crafter's Workshop in Stouffville, and we are using the Art Impressions Watercolour set: Wooden Door (Sku #4702).  The stamp itself has snow on the roof, and a snowy tree that leans up against the door.  Part of the class is to show how you can use your sets for more than what they're intended for - so I've done up samples for other seasons.  When I began to create a spring version, I decided to do more of a fantasy scene - more like the Hobbit Door set, or the newer Fairy Tree.  After stamping and painting the door and some flowers around it, I added a grassy mound overtop, making it look like a Fairy door.  I used the cobblestones from the WC Cobblestone Set (Sku #5018) to add to the quaint theme.
 Here's a closeup of the door:

1 comment:

Allie said...

This hobbit door is so cute. I love how you have used this wooden door for cards other than snowy ones - it's really versatile. Thanks for the ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails