Monday, July 16, 2018

Die Cut negative card

A few weeks ago, I posted a butterfly die cut card that I am teaching at my Ink blending class this week, and tonight I made a card using the negative "insides" of the butterflies.  Yes... this was finicky!  I kept all the little bits, recut the butterfly image in black, and then inlaid the bits inside to make my pretty butterflies.
 Here was my original where I kept the insides:
Patterned paper is Perfectly Plaid by Lawn Fawn; Butterfly Die is Dienamics, by My Favorite Things; Sentiments are Happy Thoughts by Verve; Inks are Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade & Wild Honey - Tim Holtz Distress Oxides.  Black Onyx Versafine ink for sentiments.

1 comment:

Allie said...

This is so great! Nice idea! Love that plaid too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails