Monday, October 14, 2024

Layered Leaf Anniversary Card

 Here's my final Layered Leaf Print card for a little while!  This is the August Betterpress Society plate set and add-on plates.  I have a special friend who loves green, that celebrated a big anniversay in August, so it was only fitting that I make her a leafy card with a little extra bling.


I am using my new (to me!) set of Pinkfresh Studio inks today.  These are the four green inks in their Garden Stroll set, so I used different inks for each plate, overlapping them all slightly.  I have been wanting to try to do more stitching on my cards, so I used my sewing machine, without any thread, to stitch the guideline holes down each of the darkest leaf image fronds.  Then I used some Gutterman metallic gold thread, and hand stitched the lines.  For a different texture, I made french knots to try to imitate berries on another branch.  Finally, I wrapped the thread around the bottom of my piece several times, and secured it in the back.  


I cut a piece of Tonic Studios gold metallic paper (colour "Wedding Band") a little larger than my rectangle, and matted it underneath and adhered it to my base with 3D foam tape.  The sentiment is from the Everything For You Sentiment plate set -  pressed and gold embossed on white cardstock.  I added a few Pinkfresh Studio gold pearls to finish it off.


If you're interested in signing up for a Betterpress Society subscription, contact the Papercrafter's Workshop!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails