Sunday, December 3, 2023

Let It Snow

I really do love the snow... from the window of my Craft Room, LOL!  And I'm actually intimidated to paint it - but this year, Bonnie has done some fabulous snowy tutorials, and it's really made a difference for me.  My second project for the Art Impressions Watercolour Weekend, uses the new 5822 Rustic Christmas Set:

I positioned both the cabin and birdhouse from the set on the same block so that I could ensure that I got the perspective right, and that they were both straight - then stamped them on some smooth watercolour paper after colouring them in Tombows #969/565.  I then coloured the larger wreath from 5830 WC Mini Wreath Set in #249, and stamped it on the birdhouse.  After masking off the cabin, I added three trees using 5826 WC Large Tree Set 2 coloured in #249.

I painted a mix of #249/565 on the birdhouse, adding darker areas under the eaves, and then painted the cabin in a mix of #947/969, making the beams darker, and then used my brown Twintone marker to draw in the wood siding.  I didn't want a bright red, so I mixed a little 969 in with my 856 for both the chimney and door, and used N55 for the cement porch.  I hand drew the mountains and walkway, painting both in shades of #565.  I always pick one side of the mountains to be darker, and concentrate my shadows there.  I added in a few shadows on all my snowy areas using #565, and painted it as a wash in the sky.  I used Dr. PH Martin's Bleed Proof White to add snowy touches and to create snowflakes and icicles on the roofs.  I hand drew in the red bow on the wreath with my red Twintone marker, and used a sentiment from 5566 Christmas Sentiments.

I die cut my scene with a 5063 Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Die, matted on some rusty red cardstock to complement the cabin, and then adhered it to my 5853 Christmas Magic paper with some 3D foam adhesive.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails