Friday, March 3, 2023

Easter Basket

Easter will be here before we know it, so I have pulled out several of the newly released sets to create a little scene for this Saturday's Watercolour Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog.

All of my main elements are coloured in Tombow #969/565, and stamped onto Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  I began with the single chick from 5737 - Bunnies and Chicks, masked her up, and stamped the basket from 5738 Easter Basket just behind.  Again masking the basket, I added the egg images inside and around the basket, and finally I used just the bird from 5739 - Birdhouse Village Set, to sit on top.  My stamp positioner was invaluable to get everything placed just right!  

After pulling out the colour with a damp brush, I picked a fun, bright palette of colours and painted the eggs in: #173/725/990/933/493/565, starting with a light wash, and layering colour to create darker tones towards the lower part of each egg.  For the chick, I began with #990, then added #933 and #947 to create warmer, darker tones as shadows.  #493/565 were painted on the bird, and #725 was used for the bow.  With #173 and the small grass from Foliage Set - 4051, I added grass around the eggs, and then chose two sprigs of greenery from 5476 - WC Foliage Set 5 which filled in behind my scene, coloured in both #312/346.  A wash of #533 was painted in as the sky.  My scene was cut out with 5061 - Square Double Stitched Dies, and adhered to my square card base with 3D foam adhesive.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia and Diane will be sharing!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails