Thursday, July 14, 2022

Sandcastle building

 I've created a summery scene for the Watercolour Weekend this Saturday on the Art Impressions blog, featuring 5118 - WC Beach Girls Set, and 5119 - WC Beach Boys Set:

Using my stamp positioner for placement, I stamped the little boy and girl on my Canson XL Watercolor Paper using #992, and sketched in the shape of a sandcastle between them, along with the shoreline and horizon.  I built up their skintones using layers of #850, and painted his hair with #969, and hers with #850, then #947 overtop to give her a reddish/strawberry blond look, leaving the crown of each head very pale on top where the sun would hit.  His suit was painted with #569, and hers with #993/055.  #977 was painted in as the sand, with several darker layers on the castle, and around the figures.  I mixed #493 and #569 to create the darker water shade, and then used just #493 to paint in the sky.  #245 added a pop of bright green to the bucket.

I used #565 to add shadows in the sand, then used the fine point of a grey marker to slightly darken the outline of the children, and to draw in the little flag and the bucket handle.  I die cut out my scene and mounted it with 3D adhesive onto my patterned background. Check out the blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share, and be sure to follow Ai on instagram to see everything from the Design Team.



1 comment:

Dot J Freel said...

Wow, I love this one so much. Their skin is the perfect colors! Love the girl's red hair. Just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails