Thursday, June 30, 2022

Slimline Gazebo

I ended up painting two of the same cards for the this week's Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog.  I started on Ranger watercolour paper, as I wanted the bright white base, and wasn't happy with how the colour was bleeding when I added water.  So I switched over to Canson XL Watercolour paper and began again.  I persevered with both paintings - and ended up being quite happy with each of them!

I stamped the 5362 - WC Gazebo Set image in the new #N79, and then die cut the coordinating die from masking paper - which I placed over the image.  Using the tiny foliage from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set and #249, I stamped in the foliage behind the railings.  Then with the lavendar stamp and #565, I added the flowers on top.  To create the hillsides, I used the bushes from 55372 - WC Mini Foliage in #177, stamping them over the mask, and then pulled out the colour with a damp brush.  I painted in the suggestion of a sky with #493, and then removed the mask.

The roses from 5258 - WC Flower Set 4 were stamped on either side using #676.  Greenery from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 in #249 was stamped around them, and the vines from the same set were stamped up and around one of the posts, and spilling over the roof line.  The tiny flowers from 5009 were added to create little clusters of flowers along the vine in #606.  I used the 5018 - WC Cobblestone Set to add the stones out front in #N79.  Shades of #969 were painted on the roof, and as the wood floor, and I used a fine marker to suggest wood shakes and planks.  #565 was painted around the interior of the gazebo to add the shadows, and under all the eaves and woodwork.  The tiny grass from 5372 was stamped in #177 around the gazebo and stones, and then the colour was used as a wash to paint in the grass.  I added some N79 to the white areas of the sky to add some shape to the clouds.  The images were die cut using the 5463 Slimline Dies, and the sentiment is from the Exclusive Hydrangea set.  I added a little bling to finish them off!


Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday, to see what Dot & Tricia have to share.


1 comment:

Allie said...

Such a stunning scene you have created here with the gazebo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails