Thursday, December 2, 2021

Art Impressions Christmas Tags

 I love making a few special gift tags to attach to holiday parcels every year.  I made a trio of greenery themed tags, but will just focus on the urn one today for my tutorial, but scroll down to see all of the tags.  These will be on the Art Impressions blog this Saturday for the Watercolour Weekend post:

I cut out the 5132 - Tag Stitched Die from my Bristol Smooth cardstock, and cut another one out of coordinating patterned paper to layer behind it.  I coloured up the urn from 4870 - WC Ornate Container Set in #969/565, stamped it and pulled out the colour from the lines, concentrating it where the shadows would be.  Then, using the new 5472 - WC Christmas Wreath Set, I began to build my image from the bottom up.  I coloured and stamped the two cedar fronds in #158 several times across the top of the urn, then stamped the two pinecone images several times in #969, masking some of them to create a cluster.  I filled in around them with the two pine branches in #249, and added two of the 4964 - WC Branches stamps in #969, and one in #837.  I filled in the middle with the berry image stamped in #856, and then using my Twintone Chocolate marker, I drew in the branches of the berries by hand.  To soften the stark white background, I blended some pale green Distress Oxide ink around the urn, then added a matching bow & twine to finish it off.  These are keepsake tags that can be reused for many years to come.

This is my whimsical tag!  Using the branches from 4960 - WC Fir Trees Set, and some gold thread.
My retro tag!  Using 4870 Container Set and the two pine images from 5472 - WC Wreath Set in a fun pink!  And a little bling as ornaments.


2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

All 3 of those are so beautiful but if I had to pick a favorite, it's the pink tree that I would never ever think to make myself!

Allie said...

These are really stunning! Your colouring/painting is just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails