Thursday, April 2, 2020

Ai Bible Journaling Release - Week 2

Hello Ai fans!  The Art Impressions Watercolor Design Team are helping to launch the remaining Ai Bible Journaling stamp sets.  Today's project changed as I painted.  I am using the 5272 Blossom Border Set, and had intended to paint it down one side of my rectangle, and then do a large sentiment quote beside it - but somehow, I thought a cottage would work, and ended up painting an entire scene!
 I cut the largest 5063 Double Stitched Rectangle die from Canson XL Watercolor paper, and then set up my Blossom Border in my Misti.  This made it easy for me to colour each section of my image - so I started with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker in #533 Peacock on all of the buds and flowers.  After stamping I could easily see areas I'd missed, or wanted darker, and stamped them a second time.  Next I used #249 Hunter Green to colour the leaves in the same method.  Using my damp #1 paintbrush (the smallest brush was the best choice for such small areas), I pulled out the colour from all the sections.  I scribbled some #126 Light Olive onto my palette, and added it to the leaves to brighten them up a little, and darkened the flowers with a little #565 Deep Blue.  I pulled out the colours to paint a soft halo around the floral border - and this is when my scene idea started to stick in my mind!
 I coloured the cottage from 4958 - WC Cottages Set in #565, stamped it onto my Stamp Positioner, and then reinked it with #969 Chocolate - stamping it with the help of my positioner.  After softening the lines and pulling out the colour, I used #565 on the large mountains from 5198 - WC Mountain Set, again with my positioner.  Using colours on my palette mixed together, I painted in the suggestion of far-off hills, and used #177 Dark Jade to paint the lawn around the cottage.  I used the small rocks from 5128 - As The Deer Set with #N65 Cool Grey 5 to define the edge of the stream, and used the small grass from 5073 - Bible Foliage Set and #177 adding grass to my scene.  Picking up #565 off of my palette, I painted the door, added shadows to the cottage, and the suggestion of the stream.  A little #969 was used on the roof, and to create a dirt path.
I mounted it to my kraft card base after matting with a soft blue, and added the sentiment from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2.

3 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Absolutely love your card! Great idea on how to use the border flowers!

Renee Matarese said...

I agree...the border flowers are beautiful and I LOVE the colors.

Allie said...

This scene is really stunning! I love the flower vine and the mountains in the background. Looks like a beautiful place to be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails