Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day card for CASE study

I've combined this week's Sketchbook Saturday sketch with the inspiration from the CASE study challenge to make a card for my Mother-in-law.  I loved the outline rose stamp on Agnieszka Malyszek's card, and thought they would work perfectly with the Card Word Puzzle stamp set.  I went with pretty colours:

Okay.  Now after colouring the images with my Copics, I knew that I didn't have perfectly matching pinks - my markers lean a bit more to the peachy side of things.  So I debated on flipping my background over to the creme brulee side... here's what it would've looked like.  I thought the green lost a bit of focus, even though the roses blended better, but I decided to stay with my pink background after all.  Thoughts?
Patterned papers are CTMH; Cardstock is Black, White Daisy and Sweet Leaf; Stamp sets are Card Word Puzzle & A Little Everything; Ink is Tuxedo Black, Memento; Copic Markers.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow Karen, how awesome is your colouring. LOVE!

Crafty Texan said...

Karen, Your shading makes that stamp unrecognizable from anyone else's version. Absolutely love this!

Crafty Texan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley D. said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! I love how you've colored the roses.

Nancy Ball said...

GORGEOUS Karen, I love the progression in colouring on each rose.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Debby said...

Love how you coloured the flowers to differing degrees! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love love LOVE!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails