Saturday, February 25, 2012

Heart2Heart Sketch & Color Throwdown #180 Challenges

I love a good sketch challenge!  So when the Heart2Heart Challenge blog had a lovely sketch this week, I definitely wanted to play.  I've combined it with The Color Throwdown challenge whose colours for this week worked perfectly with CTMH's Dreamin' papers.  Instead of the side panel, I stamped a row of Damask Tiles in a 'soft' black (I was aiming for more of a dark grey...).  The card is 5 3/4" square:

Patterned papers are Dreamin'; Cardstock is Grey Wool & Grey Mist; Ink is Black; Autumn Button; Just Blooms Autumn Sunflower; Black Hemp - all CTMH;  Stamp sets are Blessings, Verve & Damask Tiles, CTMH.

9 comments:

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Karen - lovely and well done. I will miss that paper! It was so stunning and you used it well in your card. Thanks for playing H2H!

Betsie Morris said...

Lovely card. I really like your technique!

Lucy Kelleher said...

Love your card -- the paper is just gorgeous as is your take on the sketch!

Lucy
http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

Amy Moore said...

Very nice card, I like what you did with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Kim said...

Love this! Very nice.

Carla said...

STUNNUNG card!!!!! TFS!

Allisa said...

Love all of the details on your card. The stitching adds so much to it! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Lori said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Lisa said...

So pretty. I love what you did with Damask Tiles. I never thought to use it like that... i just might use it more...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails