Thursday, January 4, 2024

Valentines for Veterans

This is such a wonderful initiative by Veterans Affairs Canada - where you are encouraged to create handmade cards, and write a note inside to thank a veteran for their service - or simply wish them a Happy Valentine's Day.  It's open to everyone, and children/schools are welcome to participate - just google "Valentines for Veterans" and it will lead you to the Gov't of Canada website with the address to send your cards.  They need to be received by Feb 1st, in order to be distributed to the care homes on time.  *Also - I believe there is an American version of this, so Google it if you're from the US!

I primarily did two styles, and was able to get 37 cards made up this year.  It's my second time participating!  These are ancient papers from Close To My Heart that I've had in my stash forever, and I am so happy to use them for a good cause.  The heart dies and sentiment are CTMH also.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails