Thursday, June 3, 2021

Brand New Art Impressions Foundations

 It's time for a new Watercolour release with Art Impressions!  The four new Foundations sets are each a different large scene, where you simply decide what is going to go in each container.  I'm using the wonderful 5434 - WC Foundations Wood Table today!  I decided that I would make my scene a Farmer's Market - just think of all the different things you could put in those containers!

Before I started, I stamped out all of the images from WC Peeking Animals, and WC Veggies to create masks.  The first thing I stamped was the pumpkin!  Using #933 Orange/#177 Dark Jade, then covered it with a mask.  After stamping my foundations image in Tombow #969/#565, I started by stamping the squirrel in #947 Burnt Sienna, and the possum (I think??) in #992 Sand.  Then, I went to town masking like crazy.  I masked off the edges of each pot, so that the veggies would appear to be in them.  I'm just going to list all of the images and colours used:  Eggplants #636 Imperial Purple; Tomatoes #856 Chinese Red; Broccoli #249 Hunter Green; Artichokes #076 Green Ochre; Yellow Peppers #993 Chrome Orange.  I used the Salvia from 4052 - WC Flower Set 1 in #565 in the top bucket, and the bloom from 4605 - Spring Basket in #856 in the lower bucket.

I painted all of them in by picking up the colour from my palette, adding it in layers to achieve deeper colours.  The warm pots are painted in #947, the blue ones in #493 Reflex Blue, and the greys and wood table are all painted by mixing combinations of #969/#565.  The large grass from 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1 was stamped in #177 around the containers and the colour was pulled out with a damp brush.  I used #565 to create shadows around the sides, under rims and in all the darker corners of my veggies & pots!  #493 was painted in as the sky, and I stamped the sentiment from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2 on a circle of watercolour paper cut with the 5064 - Circle Double Stitched Die.  The entire scene was cut out with the largest 5063 - Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Die.  Head over to the Art Impressions blog on Saturday to see the gorgeous projects Dot & Tricia have made!

2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

I really love how you colored the animals! They look so real. Also love how you used the veggies. You color so perfectly that I always love your work!

Allie said...

This little scene looks so great! I love all of your pots and baskets - good work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails