Thursday, November 5, 2020

Ornate Window

  I've painted a Parisian window today for Art Impressions Watercolour Weekend, using the newly released 5364 - WC Ornate Window Set:

I inked up the large window image in my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #N57 Warm Grey 5, and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  Next I created my flower box from the bottom up, starting with the long ivy image from 5007 - WC Foliage Set 3, inked up in #346 Sea Green, stamped three times in varying lengths.  I used the two angled vines in 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 coloured in #177 Dark Jade to create a spray of foliage, leaving room for my roses.  With #856 Chinese Red, I coloured up the trio of roses from 5258 - WC Flower Set 4, sometimes only colouring one or two, and tucked them amongst the top of my greenery.  Then to add some height and a pop of yellow, I used the tall floral stem in 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 coloured in #991 Light Ochre, again in various heights.  To fill in any white areas, I used the tip of the vine images in #126 Light Olive to brighten things up, and add a nice contrast to the darker greens I used.  I dabbed at my floral display sparingly with a damp brush, to liven up the colours a little, but I mostly wanted to retain the shape of my stamped images, so I left them largely alone.

After masking my window frame, I used the brick image from 5019 - WC Wall Texture Set, coloured in #N57, only loosely colouring the image so that the edges of the brick faded away, and had an irregular shape.  I picked up the colour from my palette, and painted in between the bricks to suggest a darker grout to my brick wall.  I softened all of the lines of the window frame, and painted in the decorative top with my #346 to echo the blue/green colour of the vines.  I painted more grey into the frame where the shadows are, adding some #565 Deep Blue around the edges of the window, and painted it onto the panes of glass, being careful to leave some white areas for highlights.  I went back in with the fine point of my N57 marker to redraw any lines that were fading.

To assemble my card, I cut my scene with the 5063 - Rectangle A2 Stitched Dies, matted it with black, and adhered it to my patterned card base with 3D foam adhesive.  The sentiment is from the Scrapbook.com Exclusive Daisy Set, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  And as a final touch, I added some white Nuvo Drops.



2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful colors and beautiful scene!

Twoods said...

Beautiful card. Love the brick and colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails