Friday, January 31, 2020

Happy Birthday, Allie!

My niece Allie is my crafting partner-in-crime.  Sadly, we live on opposite sides of the country... but we still manage to share supplies, enjoy inspiration on the internet and on each other's blogs.  We have a mutual love of all things from "The Greetery", so it was only fitting that I reached for those supplies when I made her birthday card:
 When I visited with her last summer, she gifted me with the Just Mason Around stamp set & die, which started my Greetery collection.  While together, I stamped off a bunch of flowers using her Fleur Impressions set (the blue & pink flowers).  And finally, I placed my own order this fall where I got the Budding Beauties Autumn set (the wheat) along with the stencil you see in the background.
 I've used Distress Oxide inks for both the stamping and stencilling, and then pulled out my Pumice Stone ink and blending it lightly to create the background frame.
I adhered the jar & flowers with pop dots for some added dimesion, and there are highlites on all of the pieces from my Wink of Stella pen.  A few sequins, and we're done.  Happy Birthday, Allie!

2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful card! I'm in love with the Greetery, too and got my first order last week. I want those mason jars but they are sold out. I want the other jars, too. Some day.

Allie said...

How did I miss this post?! I absolutely ADORED this beautiful card! I love the layers that you created and the shaded rectangle border is the perfect addition! I loved receiving it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails