Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sugar Pea Mix It Up challenge

I've had a quiet month so far here on my blog, but I have been doing a lot of creating!  Just making things that I can't share for a few months... I did have a little while this evening to make a card for the August Mix-It-Up challenge on the Sugar Pea Designs blog, though.  It's my first time breaking into the sweet Eskimo Kisses stamp set:
If you know my style at all - this is seriously CAS for me!  Patterned paper is my usual go-to thing... but this sketch really had me thinking differently.  I blended two colours of Distress Oxide ink in the top corner to put under the sentiment, and blended a little soft aqua on the lower left to look like an icy pond.  You can't see it too well in the photo, but I added some swooshes of blue with a Copic marker as skate marks.  A little stitching and some sequins, and that was it.
Stamp set is Eskimo Kisses by Sugar Pea Designs;  Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron & Broken China Distress Oxide Inks;  Tuxedo Black Ink by Memento & Onyx Black Versafine ink for the sentiment; Copic Markers.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I love it!!!! Isn’t that bear the cutest?!

Kerin said...

This is so sweet! I love the colors and that bear is too cute. Thanks for joining us this month at SugarPea Designs!

Allie said...

Your stitching on this card and the sequins are the perfect touches. Cute stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails