Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Art Impressions Southwest Watercolour Mini

 I pulled out my Tombow markers and the new Ai Watercolor Mini - Southwest (Sku #4763) recently and painted up a storm!  So today I have two cards to share with you from my paintfest:
 Both images are quite similar, I changed up the colours of the foliage a little, and added a bit of a design to one of the pots.  I used my Tombow markers to colour directly onto the stamps, and after using my damp paintbrush to soften the lines, I went back in and added some colour by scribbling the markers onto my palette, and picking up the colour with my brush.  It doesn't show much in the photos, but there is a lovely pale turquoise sky around the plants.

 There are all kinds of Ai Watercolor videos on our You Tube channel done by both Bonnie & Kendra that give step by step instructions on using the wonderful Ai Watercolor stamp sets  You can find the one that is using the Southwest stamp set here.


4 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Gorgeous, as always, Karen. I love the paper combo.

Allie said...

Gorgeous cards! I miss Stella!!!

Paula said...

Beautiful cards... love them both :)

Nataša Š. said...

Both cards are beautiful! Great colouring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails