Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shades of Grey

 Only two, I'm afraid :o)  I am up on the Art Impressions blog today!
I've veered away from my usual style of bright colours and patterned paper today... to try a little sponging.  Art Impressions has a wonderful collection of "scene building" stamps which I have been itching to use... and as you can see, once I got started, I couldn't stop:
I've used two shades of grey ink and paper, with the occasional bit of black thrown in.  The first few cards are using Deer (Sku#H3236) and Grove of Trees (Sku#H895):

 



I kept my cards very CAS, so that they can be used for any occasion - I even thought about adding a little glitter to some of the snow so that they could be holiday cards.  The card bases are bright white in reality, even though they appear a little grey - but when I edited them any more, the detail of the sponging disappeared in the photo.  Here's a shot of how I masked the rectangles and moon:

 
Happy Stamping, everyone!

 
 
 


5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh wow! These are just breathtaking, they make me kind of want to hold my breath. Fantastic sponging, just gorgeous.

Bonnie Joynt said...

So beautiful Karen! You are a true artist!

Nancy Ball said...

Karen, these cards are STUNNING! I have seen some amazing cards in my crafting time, but I have to say these rate right at the top! I LOVE them!

Allison Kostiuk said...

Stunning cards, Auntie Karen! I really like that idea!

Kristine Porter said...

Breathtaking is absolutely the word for these cards. Beautifully done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails