Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Sympathy card

A girlfriend needed a couple of these last week, and I must say that they're certainly easier to make when you're not the one sending them.  With that in mind, I intend to make a few more for my stash, so that when they're needed, I have them.
Patterned papers are Curio, by Basic Grey; Cardstock is Cocoa, Olive, Blush & Colonial White; Ink is Cocoa & Desert Sand; Stamp sets are Butterfly Kiss & The Gift of Love; Colonial White organdy ribbon - all CTMH; Nestabilities Die.

2 comments:

Jennifer Perkins said...

It's a beautiful card. Love the papers and the design and the butterflies and the punched green cs at the bottom and the brown color fading in around the sentiment. :o) (Maybe should have used commas there, huh?? :o)

How did you get the brown fade to look so perfect? Air brush? I've gotta learn how to do that!

Karen Day said...

Thanks for the nice comments, Jennifer! The brown fade is actually just done with our sponge tool. I make sure there is very little ink on it, sponge a bit - and then swirl the tool around a bit, and it goes on quite softly :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails