Friday, June 16, 2023

Handcart Scene

 For this weekend's Watercolour Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog, I'm using several sets for the first time, that were released a little while ago.  I wanted to create a scene where the sweet little gal is selling flowers, so this is what I came up with:

I started by stamping the 5569 - Handcart Set onto my Canson XL Watercolour paper with Tombow #969/565, and separately stamped 5717 - Little Girl FB.  After pulling the colour out from the lines, I picked a warm summer palette of colours, and started adding my flowers & foliage.  Using the Daisy bunch from 4052 - Flower Set, I added them in #925 and #407.  With the smallest image from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 and #725, and the tall stems from 4052 in #565, I filled in all the flowers.  The tiny sprig image from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set was stamped in both #126 and #312 as the foliage in both the cart and her basket.  Tones of browns #969/947/992 were painted on the cart trim & wheels, her basket, hat and shoes.  I wanted to add a sign to my scene, so I used the signpost from 5131 - Stone Path Set, altering it a little, and painting it in the same brown tones.  I used my Twintone Chocolate marker to write on the sign, and then cut it out.

N65 was painted onto the watering can, and as the white shadows on the cart, and #947 created the look of a terracotta pot.  The yellow of her dress and the banner on the cart are shades of #991, with some #992 shadows, and her skirt is #407.  I used the tiny grass from 4051 - Foliage set in #126 to add grass around the cart and sign, painting it out as a wash, and added a wash of #493 as the sky.

The background was cut out with 5061 Square Double Stitched Dies.  I cut the Little Girl out with her matching die, and fussy cut out my sign.  I attached them both to my base painting with foam adhesive, to make them both appear as if they are in the foreground.  Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Diane & Tricia have created!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails