Thursday, August 18, 2022

Summer Birdhouse

 I will be on the Art Impressions blog this Saturday for their Watercolour Weekend post,  and I have a summery version of the newly released 5575 - Mailbox Birdhouse Set that is part of the Watercolour Journals line, today.


I inked up my birdhouse in Tombow # 969 & #565, stamped off, and then onto my Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  With my positioner, I added two birds from 4872 - WC Birds Set, and then set about building my pots.  Using the 2 vines from 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2 New I coloured just portions of them in #249, staggering them on either side.  I used two florals from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 using #565 for the heart cluster, and #177/#703 for the stemmed florals.  After pulling out the colour from the lines of the main image, I added #526 to the pots and house, layering it darker in the shady areas, and painted in #969 on the roof and post.  Layers of #565 were added to the birds, and I dotted their eyes with my Navy Twintone marker.  Grasses from 5007 - WC Foliage Set 3 in #177 were put around the post, and softened with a damp brush.  A wash of #493 created the sky.  I used my sewing machine to stitch my panel on some contrasting cardstock, and attached it to my base with some 3D foam adhesive.


Be sure to see what Dot & Tricia have to share over on the Ai blog!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails