Thursday, January 20, 2022

Foundations Teapots

  Time for another Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog!

Oh, how I love this stamp image!  So many possibilities... and it's a great stamp to 'chop up' and only colour up a few of the teapots.  This is 5468 - Foundations Teapots:

I began by putting the stamp into my Misti, as that's the best way to get an even, clear image with such a long stamp.  I coloured it up with my Tombow Brush Markers #969/565 and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolor paper.  After pulling out the colour with my damp #4 paintbrush, I used a palette of these colours to paint in my teapots: 076 Green Ochre, 312 Holly Green, 373 Sea Blue, 027 Dark Ochre and 228 Gray Green.  I added stripes and dots to a couple of them, but kept the rest fairly simple, concentrating the colour on the outer edges and leaving the middles lighter to indicate that they're all round.  For the fillers I've used 5475 - Flower Set 6, 5472 Christmas Wreath and 5476 Foliage Set 5 - adding in #679 Dark Plum to my colour palette.  I touched the foliage sparingly with my brush, and added some shadows in and around the pots with #565.

I created my frame by taping together the two largest dies in the 5463 - Slimline Dies Set, cutting out three of them and stacking them to create a raised frame.  The painted image was cut with the next smallest die, and attached to my card base with some 3D foam adhesive.  The raised frame and image make for some great added texture.  Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share!


2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

I absolutely love your coloring and color choices on this one! Fantastic!

Allie said...

A beautiful collection of teapots - loving all of your recent slimlines!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails