Thursday, December 3, 2020

Watercolour Snowman

 Hello Ai fans!

I'm using the sweet Art Impressions image from 5060 - WC Snowman Set for my holiday card today:

I started by colouring the entire body image with my #565 Deep Blue Tombow Dual Brush marker, and then carefully coloured over just the hat, scarf and bits of coal with #969 Chocolate, before stamping onto my Canson XL Watercolour paper.  I coloured and stamped the twig arms in both colours, adding them to either side of my little man.  With my damp #4 paintbrush, I pulled the colour out from all the stamped lines, concentrating the blue where the shadows would be.  I added #158 Dark Olive and #856 Chinese Red to my palette, and painted them onto the scarf and hatband, leaving a few white areas as hightlights.  I did the same with #N25 Lamp Black, painting it onto the shadowy areas of the hat, fading it down to nothing.  I used the N25 marker directly on the paper to add a few more defined shadows to the hat and all of the lumps of coal.  My damp #1 paintbrush was used to pull the colour from the twigs, and a little more #969 was painted in where needed.  I used the small greenery image from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set coloured with #158 to stamp some greenery on the hat, and used the tiny dotted flowers in #856 to add the berries, then touched both with a damp brush.  A watery #565 was painted around him as the sky, and used to add a few extra shadows where necessary.
My card base was made with some Simple Stories paper that I zigzag stitched with my sewing machine using some pale lime green thread.  The snowman was die cut with the 5064 Circle Double Stitched Dies, and the sentiment from 5935 - Sparkle & Cheer Set was die cut with the 5063 - Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies.  Both were mounted with 3D foam dots and a few green sprigs were tucked underneath.


1 comment:

Allie said...

Love this rustic colour palette!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails