Thursday, September 17, 2020

Pumpkin Basket

 I've got a fall scene to share this week for Art Impressions Watercolour Weekend, and I created my own watercolor frame to go with it:
 Using my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #969 Chocolate, I coloured the basket from 4605 - Spring Basket, and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolor paper.  I masked it off, and used the 2 pumpkins from 5059 - WC Harvest Set, stamping them in very light versions of #969, masking them as I went so that they appear behind each other.  I scribbled #312 Holly Green, #228 Gray Green and #946 Gold Ochre onto my palette, and painted them in on the various pumpkins - layering the colours to get deeper shades, especially in the crevices.  I used my damp #4 paintbrush to pull the colour out of the lines of the basket, adding more colour to the shadowed areas, and making sure that the basket weave stood out.  I used my Twintone marker in #41 Chocolate to draw in the basket handle (it's not part of the stamp, you have to draw it in yourself!).
 With the double wheat image from 5008 - WC Flower Set 3, I stamped it repeatedly in #991 Light Ochre behind the pumpkins, and added a few in #076 Green Ochre as well.  Using the two leafy stems from the Spring Basket set, I coloured them both in #228 Gray Green, and tucked them in and around the pumpkins, along with some small twigs from 4964 - WC Branches Set in #969.  The large grass from 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1 was stamped in #076 around the base of the basket, and touched with a damp brush.  A faint wash of #565 Deep Blue was painted in as the sky, and shadows.
To create my frame, I painted my warm Tombow shades (#969, 947, 946 & 991) onto a piece of watercolour paper, then I taped two of the 5063 - Rectangle A2 Double Stitched dies together with some washi tape, and ran it through my die cut machine. I adhered the frame over my image with some 3D foam adhesive tape to raise it up a little, then added some brown paint spatters to my card.


3 comments:

Allie said...

Your pumpkin basket is so lovely! The frame you created goes perfectly and has such a stunning effect on the whole scene!

Dot J Freel said...

Truly my favorite you have ever made. It's spectacular. I'm going to try to reproduce it. Wish me lots of luck!

Daria said...

This is incredibly beautiful. I love the colors you used and the frame you made. A piece of perfection. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails