Monday, November 1, 2010

Heart2Heart Challenge

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a little while... and finally translated it into the real thing for this week's Heart2Heart Challenge.  This week is a colour challenge, and we were to use Sunset, Brown Bag and Indian Corn Blue.  Since I don't have my Sunset ink yet, I subbed in Goldrush which is somewhat similar.  If you're a beginner-sewer: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!  It wasn't that difficult, but there was a lot of stopping/starting/pivotting involved, so if you're just learning, practise on something easier :o)  I'm also looking to increase my stash of "guy" cards, so I'm hoping this one fits the bill.
Cardstock is Brown Bag, Indian Corn Blue & Colonial White; Stamp Sets are Shining Star & Happy Birthday; Inks are Goldrush, Brown Bag & Indian Corn Blue - all CTMH.

7 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very nice card - really like the great big star and how you stitched around it. And it would look really stunning with the brighter Sunset ink for the Goldrush.

Andrea Ewen said...

Super guy card! Awesome stitching and that stamp/star is soo cool! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love it!! Your stitching is perfect & it sure is a great guy card -something I never seem to have enough of!

Paper doll said...

Awesome!! Thanks for playing with the challenge!

Mary said...

Love the stitching - it's a great addition to this cool card. Thanks for playing along with H2H

Jessica said...

Wow, awsome sewing on this and this is such a great guy card. Thanks so much for joining us at H2H!

Anonymous said...

awesome card! I love to see stitching on cards but I much prefer to do 'faux' stitching on my own as I never seem to be very successful sewing on paper. thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails