Tuesday, June 11, 2013

At The Movies Teacher's Gift

I'm very excited to have my inaugural post on the Art Impressions blog today! I had a lot of fun making my project this week... with the end of the school year upon us, I decided to make a thank you gift set that would be great to give to a teacher. I used the fabulous At The Movies Set -(sku#4237) from the Girlfriends Collection to make the card, then a matching gift card holder for a movie theatre gift card, and finally a cute little popcorn holder that I'll wrap up in cellophane to complete the gift.
I used the lovely Schoolhouse papers from October Afternoon, which inspired my Copic colour choices for the cute Flick Chicks image.  I used my sewing machine to zigzag my background pieces onto my card base.
Before I started, I cut out all of my die cut pieces using my Cricut Artiste cartridge (M key!) which had the cute little popcorn holder, gift card and film strip.  I assembled the popcorn holder and gift card keeper adding a few accents of coordinating paper to finish them off.  I had a great time doing my little photo shoot, and had to be careful not to get any greasy popcorn on my projects!  Here are the Copics that I used to colour up the gals:
Stamp set is At The Movies (sku#4237) by Art Impressions; Patterned papers are Schoolhouse, October Afternoon; Cardstock is Black, Colonial White & Cranberry, CTMH; Ink is Tuxedo Black, Memento; Cricut Artiste cartridge, CTMH; Copic Markers.


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this! The colours are amazing! What a great teacher gift!!

canadian_liner said...

Fabulous combination of goodies here, Karen! Framing the Flick Chicks in black-&-white really makes them pop, and your coordinating accessories are perfect. Love the artistically strewn pieces of popcorn in your "photo-shoot," too!

Unknown said...

Love this Karen! So much fun! Congrats on your first AI post - can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails