I began by colouring the boot with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #565 Deep Blue, and stamping it off on scrap paper. Then I reinked it with #969 Chocolate, and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolor Paper. I used my damp #4 paintbrush to soften the lines and pull out the colour, concentrating it where the shadows would be: the lower edge of the boot, under the creases, and in and under the laces.
I always build my bouquets from the bottom up, so using the two trailing sprigs from 5007 - WC Foliage Set 3, I coloured them with #249 Hunter Green, and stamped them trailing over each side of the boot. Next I used three different blooms from Flower Set - 4052, stamping the daisy bunch in #837 Wine Red, always 3 times in a circular pattern to create a cluster (this is a filler flower, and appears lower in the bouquet, so I start with them). Using the Lupine-like bloom, coloured in #993 Chrome Orange, I stamped it twice. Finally, with the tall bloom, I stamped it in #565, filling in areas that needed some shape, being sure to vary the height and angle of them. After touching everything with a damp brush, I could see which spots needed to be filled in with greenery. I used the small green from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set coloured in #177 Dark Jade, stamping it repeatedly in and around the blooms, filling out the shape of the bouquet.
With my image complete, I picked up #565 from my palette, and added a few shadows, in and under the flowers, and on the boot as well. I also painted the suggestion of shadows along the ground, and after watering the blue even more, I painted a background around the bouquet. I stamped the sentiment from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2 using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then used my sewing machine to stitch the rectangle to some indigo cardstock. I decided to mount it to my base on an angle, and added a few deep pink enamel dots.