Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sing - Dance - Laugh - Love!

It's my turn to be up on the Art Impressions blog today, and I have a set of cards using the versatile Sing Dance set (sku#4227) from the Say It Loud! collection.

I started out by stamping the image on four colours of polka dot paper:
I had only intended to do one paper pieced card, but once I started cutting, it seemed obvious that I should keep going and make four.  Here's what my armchair looked like while I was watching tv the other night:
 
I stamped the image again on white paper that I had sewed onto a black mat, and then started gluing:
I added paper flowers, a little Baker's Twine and some leaves that were die cut from the green polka dot paper:


Patterned papers are Dotty For You; Cardstock is Black & White Daisy; Just Blooms Paradise paper flowers; buttons & baker's twine - all Close To My Heart; Stamp set is Sing Dance Set #4227, Art Impressions.
 
 

3 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Oh my gosh, all that fussy cutting. My hands ache just thinking about it. Beautiful cards!

Nancy Ball said...

These are wonderful, Karen. I'm still hording Dotty for You!

Gisela said...

SUPER CUTE!! Love paper piecing and you did a great job. The polka dots papers are perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails