Friday, August 16, 2024

Spooky Crew

I don't give out Halloween cards, but I do love to make them!  This is the new 5934 - Spooky Crew Set from Art Impressions.


I had a lot of fun colouring this set up with my Copic markers, and decided to try making a Halloween card without using any orange... there have been so many funky Halloween colour combinations being used on cards lately, that I wanted to see what I could come up with.  I'm really happy with the results!


This set includes matching dies, so after colouring, I cut out all my pieces, and planned out my background.  The base is just a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" piece of black cardstock.  On some white cardstock, I ink blended Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide inks, to create my night sky, leaving a white area where I attached a circle that I had coloured with my Copics to look like the moon, and sponged on a little Squeezed Lemonade ink.  I made each of the hillsides into a flap, so that they open up from each side.  If you remember the Ai Try-fold cards, you'll see what I was going for.


On the middle panel, I attached the tree and frog, and on the front panel I used 3D foam adhesive to attach the mouse over a black fence piece cut using 4967 - WC Fence Dies.  The sentiment is included with the Spooky Crew stamp set.  I also cut out a black bat from 5769 - Halloween FB Fence Set.


There's enough room on the inner panel to write a note to the recipient that would be hidden by the two flaps. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails