Thursday, September 5, 2024

Painted Winter Sprigs

I have another Winter Sprigs card to share - this time I pressed onto Canson XL Watercolour paper which is a creamy colour, with Betterpress Black ink.  I wanted to try the amazing Moonbeam Shimmering Watercolour paints from Crafter's Companion on this image, as it's screaming out for a little glimmer!


It's hard to adequately show just how shimmery these paints are, but I'll include a shot of the palette itself.  I chose my papers based on the colours that I painted (there wasn't a dark green paint, so what I used is pretty pale).  Next time I would probably not use the blue, as it was hard to find Christmassy papers that looked good with it - so I went with something fairly plain.


The tree and sentiment are attached to the base with 3D foam adhesive, and I added some shiny gold pearls for extra glam.  The finished card size is 5" x 6.5".


This was the July exclusive press plate set for the Betterpress Society from Spellbinders.  If you're interested in ordering upcoming months - contact the Papercrafter's Workshop to sign up.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails