Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Art Impressions Stamptember!

Yes, it's Stamptember time again - and Art Impressions has an exclusive stamp set available through Simon Says Stamp.  The Ai Design Team are all posting projects today, so you can check out the Ai blog or social media, along with the post on the SSS blog.  I created two cards using this cute set, this is SSE24A - Sweet Bday: 

I've had that Doodlebug donut paper for years!  So I was thrilled to be able to put it to good use, and based my colour choices on the paper.

How could I not make a donut shaped card?  I used my Coluzzle templates that I haven't used in years, to cut the large circle - it's about 5 1/8" diameter.  The image was coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut out.
The edges of the donut were shaded with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink, and I used my Copics to shade around the blue icing.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white on chocolate cardstock, then adhered with 3D foam adhesive.  I *almost* added some beads around the icing to look like sprinkles... but thought it was getting too busy.
This is the second image included in the set, and it was perfect to allow that patterned paper to shine!  After fussy cutting, the image is adhered with 3D foam adhesive.
Remember to check out all the inspiration on the Simon Says Stamp blog, and don't wait to purchase the set, the exclusives tend to sell out quickly!










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails