Thursday, April 14, 2022

Foundations Rocker

 I am excited to finally be using 5470 - WC Foundations Rocker for the first time for the Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog!

When I use a larger image like this, I like to pick out a limited colour palette ahead of time - and I stick to it.  It ties the scene together, and keeps it from becoming too busy.  For my scene I used these Tombow Dual Brush Markers: 027/N65/126/177/606/493/676.  I do the same thing with the flowers and foliage, repeating the same images in different areas.  Here are the stamp sets that I used: 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2 New/4868 - WC Flower Set 2/5009 - WC Mini Flower Set/5007 - WC Foliage Set 3/4964 - WC Branches Set.

I placed my Foundations stamp into my Misti, coloured it with #027 and stamped it onto some Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  I started with light washes of colour, and gradually built up the layers to achieve the tones that I wanted.  I painted the pots, chair and birdhouses first, and then began filling the pots.  I start with one stamp, and place the image in several pots in the same colour, then move onto the next - making sure to balance out where the colours are, while building my pots.  I added a few branches and dots, and added shadows with 565.


Be sure to check out the Art Impressions blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to show!




1 comment:

Allie said...

Perfect spring colour palette :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails